Head, Real Estate
Real Estate & Infrastructure
3 March 2021
Licence Number: R1215619
Our client is a privately held multi-asset class investment firm with interests in Real Estate, Public Markets, and Private Equity. As principal investors, they lead deals that will generate value for our business partners and portfolio companies. They adopt methodical processes as part of our disciplined approach to manage risks and acquisitions.
This role oversees the overall business and functions of the Real Estate business, with the objective of building a professional and capable team based on strong fundamentals, and to develop the business into a sustainable and scalable one. The successful candidate is someone rigorous in his/her due diligence while encouraging diverse views that are logical, unbiased and fact-driven.
• To develop and drive the overall Real Estate business strategy, long term goals, risk assessment and business plans, that is aligned with the firm’s goals and regulatory frameworks.
• To oversee Real Estate business performance, strategies execution and results delivery to achieve optimal results for the portfolio.
• To evaluate, review pipelines and investment proposals recommended by the team, and present to the management.
• To lead in the preparations and negotiations in activities like acquisition, divestments.
• To fulfil fiduciary duties and be compliant in capacity as director for the portfolio of companies.
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Real Estate, Building, Marketing, Business Admin, Finance or equivalent from a recognised institution.
• Master’s Degree in Real Estate, Business Admin, Finance or equivalent would be advantageous.
• Minimum 15 to 20 years of direct working experience in deal sourcing, acquisition, deal execution, asset management, marketing & leasing, banking & finance, as well as managerial experience in these areas.
• Experience in the full cycle of investments/asset acquisition would be preferred.
• Good knowledge of Green Mark initiatives would be advantageous.
• Thorough knowledge of real estate markets and cycles, deal structuring, corporate structuring, local and cross-jurisdictional tax and legal frameworks.
• Track record of effective business development and people management.
• Strong analytical skills coupled with the passion and strategic mindset to take the business to greater heights, while complying with related regulations.
• Strong communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills with the ability to lead and drive initiatives, to get buy-in on plans, to deliver messages concisely and in a timely manner, as well as to effectively interact with both internal and external stakeholders.