Reporting to the Cluster Head, you will work closely with the management of local enterprises to understand and scope the technology challenges that they encounter in their businesses. You will then collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team to address these challenges by identifying suitable technologies, intellectual property (IP) and experts through global innovation network.
In addition, you will work with the team in conducting extensive research to identify emerging technology/market trends. The role will require you to engage various stakeholders such as industry, local innovation and enterprise offices, government agencies and trade organisations to catalyse the adoption of technologies to actualise industry transformation.
This fulfilling job offers you not only the opportunity to support Singapore enterprises in their innovation journeys but also enables you to develop new technical knowledge, expand your industry network and gain deep insights into specific industries.
- Work with enterprises to translate their technical challenges into problem statements for crowdsourcing
- Source for available expertise and technologies, both locally and globally, to support enterprise in product/service developments or enhancements
- Conduct technical due diligence on emerging technologies
- Map industry value-chains and keep abreast of market and technology trends
- Engage strategic technology providers with technology portfolio in areas of interest
- Identify, assess and cluster technology portfolios into application areas to promote industry adoption
- Design and drive innovation initiatives at sectoral level
- Opportunity to take on leadership responsibility
Requirements & Experience:
- Degree or postgraduate degree in Environmental or Chemical or Civil Engineering
- Possess good technical and industry knowledge in the environmental, energy, clean technology, building and construction sectors
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience in one or more of these areas, which include energy management, green building management, waste-to-worth, waste-to-energy, renewable energy and smart grid
- Work experience in an industry development office, R&D/CTO office or technology transfer organisation would be advantageous
- Ability to think laterally, grasp and communicate complex technical concepts with clarity
- Fast learner with sense of urgency
- Good project management, technical and analytical skills
- Ability to organise and present research findings clearly using suitable tools and software
- Good networking and strategic influencing skill
- Good interpersonal skill and has the ability to work with a multi-disciplinary team