You will work with our business clusters, land planners, architects and engineers on underground and infrastructure projects. You will:
- Carry out feasibility studies, research cost estimates, study and provide duration estimates and meet authorities' regulations for projects.
- Perform infrastructure planning, rock engineering design, cavern planning and assessment of critical ground conditions
- Prepare project briefs and lead in tender preparation to select and appoint project consultants and contractors
- Review and monitor safety, construction methods and ascertain compliances.
- Identify potential design and construction related issues, contractual disputes and effect appropriate or alternative solutions
- Manage and liaise with multi-disciplinary teams to ensure that projects are delivered in a safe, cost-effective and efficient manner
Background in Civil or Mining Engineering, preferably with at least 10 years of relevant working experience in underground projects. Possesses strong analytical and critical thinking skills with excellent time management. Has strong leadership skills and is able to manage more than one project at a time. Familiar with design and analysis software.