This role reports to the Head of Infrastructure Management Project team and is part of the Technical Services team.
You will take the lead in developing port infrastructure projects from early concept design through detailed engineering, tendering, construction, commissioning to post implementation review.
- Fulfil and achieve the project objectives, meet project schedules and work within the budget:
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders
- Documentation of project meetings and works
- Write and review technical specifications, scope of work for Request for Quotations (RFQ), and tender, manage tenders and evaluate bidders for ability to perform the required work.
- Lead site inspections/coordination works
- Manage project progress, payments to vendors, commissioning and handover to maintenance team
- Report progress to management
- Provide technical support on the feasibility, cost, timeline of port infrastructural works proposal including:
- Port masterplanning
- Research on innovative and cost-effective engineering solutions
- Evaluate options and propose follow-on actions from the technical aspect
- Obtain budgetary quotes and schedule infrastructural works
- Engage consultants to perform feasibility studies and review reports
- Develop technical write-ups or presentation of materials for reporting purposes
Requirements & Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with 5 years+ of experiences in port or maritime industry relating to civil or structural engineering, project management or planning.
- Experienced in the design or construction of marine structures, warehouses, heavy duty pavements, building services.
- Proficient in project management and construction supervision.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent Stakeholder Management. You are a leader and you know that to get the best results, you also have to be a great team player. You are also able to work with people of different levels, including consultants and contractors.
- Relentlessly High Standards. You are not satisfied with the status quo. You thrill in your accomplishments but also know it’s about doing and improving.