Our client is an industry leader in detection of microbial contamination in the manufacture of pharmaceuticals, biologics, biotechnology products and medical devices. They offer innovative products and solutions for fast, accurate, and efficient testing.
They are currently looking for a VP / Sales Director for Asia Pacific to drive strategic expansion in the region. They are looking for a leader with ambition, vision, resilience, and the ability to strategize and spearhead their Asia Pacific market growth. This will be a challenging role, working to develop markets from ground zero, but where opportunity and growth potential clearly exist and can be achieved by a candidate with the right attitude, determination and skillset. If that sounds like you, please talk to us!
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Identify key markets in Asia Pacific and develop strategies, set targets and grow sales in those key markets.
- Decide on the go-to-market strategies, i.e., direct, via distributors / agents, etc.
- Build the required in-country teams of sales professionals and technical support teams.
- Work well as in a matrix structure with superior and other Board Members.
- Responsible for P&L of APAC market and deliver growth targets.
- Exceed order intake, revenue, profit, and key account targets as assigned.
- Build relationships with significant end-users, distribution, consultants and influencers.
- Ability to identify further regional opportunities, then collaborate with HQ to make investment decisions accordingly.
- Provide feedback to HQ on product, logistical, financial, and any other support initiatives needed to drive the business.
- Keep company leadership informed of competitive strategies and growth plans.
- Communicate professionally and effectively with all levels of the organization.
Job Specifications (skills and experience):
- At least 20 years of working experience, of which at least 12 years of sales management experience in Asia Pacific markets.
- Experience in selling to the pharmaceuticals / biologics manufacturing sector, especially to the QA / QC department.
- Established relevant networks within the sector in Asia Pacific.
- Proven track record of strategically evaluating then proactively opening new markets in order to achieve sales targets.
- Ability to quantify and prioritize opportunities in large geographic regions.
- Strong sense of urgency, high level of emotional intelligence.
- High level of alignment with company values of curiosity, partnership, accountability, and challenge.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills, additional languages a plus.