The principle objective of the role is to lead or participate in the design and implementation of complex Network Solutions including Managed Network Services and non-standard Managed Network Services “Custom” NOC, SD-WAN, SIP / SBC solutions, staff augmentation, and custom network professional services offerings that achieve the client’s business needs and goals. The Network Architect is responsible to provide consultative technical expertise from the sales to implementation cycle which includes the preparation and presentation of detailed designs and configuration blueprints for complex managed solutions.
- Present our clients' vision to customers, provide support for optimization of Network Solutions strategy and design, and driving additional revenue through collaboration with the sales organization.
- Determine the customer's requirements and provide designs for complex Network Solutions including Internet, MPLS- IP VPN, SD-WAN, Broadband, Ethernet, Wavelength, CDN, Vyvx Video Service solutions.
- Understand the customer’s business challenges, perform consultative, solutions-based design for business clients who desire outsourced infrastructure options to enhance their own technical capabilities.
- Perform detailed configuration workshops to qualify and engineer complex managed solution to ensure the underpinning technology concepts are relevant for solution execution. These may include Network Management outsourcing opportunities, platform or architecture changes, consulting assessment and complex migrations and Project Management.
- Responsible for coordinating and leading technology configuration workshops for customer design and configuration signoff of complex solutions.
- Analyze and determine strategies for system implementations and migrations.
- Create detailed design and configuration blueprints for complex managed solutions including validation and standardization of the conceptualized solution to ensure operability, delivery, and revenue acceleration.
- Provide post-sale support to installation personnel as needed to clarify service expectations; including providing diagrams, verbal explanation, and written documentation.
- Work on Post Sales Engineer activity by adhering to the design process during pre- and post-sales design activities for complex managed solutions.
- Develop, implement, and maintain best-practice standards, policies, procedures, and associated training plans to ensure optimal daily operations are maintained.
- Responsible for maintaining collaborative relationships with key engineering, sales, and operational organizations.
Requirements & Experience:
- At least 7 - 8 years’ experience in Managed Networking and staff augmentation or equivalent expertise.
- At least 7 - 8 years’ experience coordinating large to very large and complex solution development engaging multiple resources and design elements.
- At least 3 years’ experience project management or similar exposur.
- Must have the necessary business acumen to discuss business needs and challenges with customer's C-level executives.
- Must have the technical knowledge and background to feel comfortable in a technical discussion with senior customer IT leaders and staff. Experience in requirements gathering, due diligence, solution development, financial costing, SOW and proposal generation activities unique to large, complex opportunities and consulting engagements is key to success in this position.
- Comprehensive and working knowledge on Network Management, Hosted / Managed Services, SIP, SD-WAN, Data Security, networking standards and typical transport architecture.
- Experience creating Statements of Work, cost modeling, proposals, working with 3rd party contractors.
- Experience performing needs assessments and making recommendations based on the discovered needs.
- Understanding key components of Network implementation architecture and best practices.
- Familiar with ITIL and PNP practices and procedures, able to describe value to customers.
- Ability to document solution components in a timely manner while ensuring acceptable level of detail, data integrity, and accountability.