Our client is a global engineering consultancy company involved in the provision of engineering and design services of global infrastructure and energy projects.
The successful candidate will have 3-5 years of relevant experience working across some of the below company types:
- international law firms;
- design and engineering firms;
- contractors or infrastructure operators with concession arms;
- infrastructure development funds;
- infrastructure/PPP governmental agencies;
- project finance desk of lenders/banks, and/or equivalent.
The role will be mainly focused on supporting the development of infrastructure projects including:
- Providing support with market engagement, opportunity identification, shaping and bidding on both sell-side and buy-side.
- Providing support for sell-side opportunities, including:
- support on advising public and private sector clients on the development of infrastructure projects across power, water, wastewater, transport (rail, roads, airports, ports), social infrastructure (healthcare, education, housing, special facilities) across selected geographies within Middle East, North Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa and SE Asia;
- engaging with clients, internal technical staff, and external legal advisors on the technical and legal components of the advisory engagement;
- supporting the delivery of the financial / commercial advisory component;
- supporting the development of financial / commercial feasibilities, procurement strategies and roadmaps, market research and engagement, drafting tender documentation, running procurement processes on behalf of clients, supporting with selection and negotiations through to financial close.
- responsible for developing draft NDAs, draft term sheets, draft MoUs and other contractual documentation and internal / external legal support;
- responsible for reviewing NDAs, term sheets, MoUs and other contractual documentation
- Providing support for buy-side opportunities, including:
- support to the development of value proposition across different sectors and geographies, maximising company’s roles within consortia;
- support on the engagement with different members of consortia, including developers, investors, contractors, operators and lenders, etc.;
- supporting the assessment of client’s requirements (scope, contractual documentation, etc.) with support from internal technical team, contracts team (or external legal advisers);
- support the development and submission of winning proposals;
- support the negotiation with clients, developers, investors and lenders through to financial close
- Provide support in the preparation of a Financing Strategy, Financial Masterplan & Capital Investment Plan (CIP) for urban, multi-asset type, infrastructure, and transportation development projects.
- Provide support in the development and negotiation of unsolicited proposals to governments and private sector clients.
- Travel within Southeast Asia and the Middle East and Africa, as required.
Requirements & Experience
- Bachelor degree in Law, Finance, Business, Engineering or equivalent from a reputable university;
- Post graduate qualification (MSc in Law / Finance / Economic, PhD or MBA) is an advantage.
- At least 3-5 years of professional experience in infrastructure development / advisory / legal project finance or equivalent;
- Experience in drafting and reviewing legal documentation related to infrastructure projects (NDAs, MoUs, term sheets) as well as RFPs and other contractual documentation, even if under the guidance of more senior members of staff;
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written, especially in English;
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft office (Excel), modeling and VBA an advantage;
- Experienced in financial master planning for multi-asset type developments an advantage.