Our client is a leading wind energy company who is currently look to appoint a HVDC technology Head to be based in China and Germany.
- You will take full responsibility for the Development and Engineering teams responsible for current project delivery and the next evolution of the HVDC Control System.
- You will participate in determining the direction and strategy for growing a domestic and international HVDC engineering business to support the overall growth strategy of the energy business unit.
- You will provide leadership to a multi-disciplined team of engineers, designers and technologists specialized in design of HVDC transmission projects. Within this, you will also be developing the HVDC engineering group competencies with a long term perspective - this will include staffing, mentoring, training as well as establishing and implementing improvements to existing methods. There will also be the undertaking of business development and proposal preparation as required.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Electronics, Software Engineering or a related discipline
- A proven career history operating at Senior Management with a strong focus on delivery, team building and mentoring skills.
- Proven extensive experience in delivering complex control systems in a global technology based organization.
- A thorough understanding of the design and development processes and structures of complex real-time control systems.
- Familiarity with control systems for power electronics converters would be an advantage but not essential.
- Experience with offshore wind project is highly desired