Operations Director (Retail Trade) Myanmar
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position directs and oversees retail store operations and the operations team. Implements policies and procedures that increase operational effectiveness and maximize long-term store performance. Designs strategies to increase profits and makes recommendations for operational improvement. Report directly to CEO.
• Oversee the convenience store operations for several locations nationwide.
• Track, manage, and discuss store performance identifying areas for improvement a developing innovative new ideas to boost sales and performance.
• Manage, coach, and develop store team members ensuring they are meeting performance expectations and delivering world class customer service.
• Create, communicate, and enforce the merchandising, cleanliness, schematics, and customer service standards for all locations.
• Determine and set overall company, and individual store, margin goals; work with managers to increase sales volume and maximize profitability.
• Periodically meet with vendors to discuss sales trends, product selection, pricing, and merchandising schematics. Negotiate favorable agreements/contracts with vendors to maximize margins, maintain competitive retail pricing, and provide an excellent and unique product selection for customers.
• Oversee store appearance ensuring equipment is properly maintained, damaged items are under repair/replacement, and facility is clean and inviting.
• Review/manage overall store performance including cost inventory, operational expenses, and inventory loss.
• Review processing schedules or production orders to make decisions concerning inventory requirements, staffing requirements, work procedures, or duty assignments, considering budgetary limitations and time constraints.
• Direct or coordinate production, processing, distribution, or marketing activities of industrial organizations.
• Develop or implement production tracking or quality control systems, analyzing production, quality control, maintenance, or other operational reports to detect production problems.
• Review operations and confer with technical or administrative staff to resolve operations problems.
• Hire, train, evaluate, or discharge staff or resolve personnel grievances.
• Develop budgets or approve expenditures for supplies, materials, or human resources, ensuring that materials, labor, or equipment are used efficiently to meet targets.
• Initiate or coordinate inventory or cost control programs.
• Coordinate or recommend procedures for facility or equipment maintenance or modification, including the replacement of machines.
• Review plans and confer with research or support staff to develop new products or processes.
• Institute employee suggestion or involvement programs.
• Maintain current knowledge of the quality control field, relying on current literature pertaining to materials use, technological advances, or statistical studies.
• Negotiate products prices with suppliers.
• Additional duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (M.A. M.S. M.B.A.) from accredited institution
• Seven to ten-plus years of experience (work and advanced education) in retail stores.
• Deep knowledge of the managed sub-function and solid knowledge of the overall departmental function.
• Experience providing oversight for multiple site locations. Convenience store management experience is a must.
• Outstanding communication skills; able to effectively communicate with management, associates, and vendors.
• Strong work ethic and a commitment to taking on the organization’s high expectations of performance.
• Willingness to work the required hours including weekends, holidays, nights, etc. as needed.
• Driver’s license and clean driving record.