- Responsible for the day-to-day operation of the accounting and finance functions. Ensure procedures and processes are well placed to safeguard the Company’s assets.
- Ensure timely month end and year end closing, and preparation of the necessary financial reports. Work closely with the Management on managing project performance and reporting, and drive performance and results.
- Present the monthly financial results to local and global HQ Management teams. Lead discussions on performance, billings, collections, costs, risk and adjustments.
- Attend project review meetings, understand project status, performance. Undertake project P&L reviews, ensure completeness of income and costs. Review project working capital, cash balances and ensure that variances are promptly investigated and addressed.
- Manage treasury operations including cashflow, issuance of performance guarantees and other credit facilities. Ensure facilities are adequate for the projects in view, and projects in pipeline.
- Ensure timely commencement and completion of the annual audit, preparation and submission of statutory financial statements, and tax compliance. Ensure timely submission of quarterly GST returns.
- Drive the semi-annual forecast exercise, including market and competitor study and benchmarking. Overall in-charge of the preparation of financial schedules for forecasts. Where required, lead the forecast presentation and discussion with the Management.
- Undertake reviews of new customers and new suppliers, and ensure vendors are bona fide, and new customers are credit worthy. Evaluate new partners for joint ventures for credit worthiness and financial capacity.
- Interface with the regional Finance Director and finance team on Singapore’s reports, and provide additional information as and when required. Interface with the Company Secretary on board resolutions and filing requirements.
- Lead, coach and guide staff to ensure a cohesive, motivated and effective accounting team. Provide a learning and development plan, and a career path for the team.
- Execute the Group restructuring plan and transfer of civil licences.
- Oversee business licence renewals and ensure timely returns of all required information – financials, surveys and others.
- Accountancy degree or ACCA qualified. CPA’s preferred, with at least 15 years experience, of which the recent 5 years should be in a similar capacity. Incumbent should have a strong accounting base, tax knowledge, with a keen interest in construction.
- Attentive to details, strong appreciation of contracts, hands on and willing to undertake tasks personally.
- Able to communicate with colleagues of various levels and disciplines