As Finance Manager, you will
- Oversee the company's full spectrum of finance activities including financial accounting, forecasting and reforecasting, budgeting, reporting, statutory and, liaising with external auditors and tax agents.
- Provide financial expertise to deliver desirable financial results for the Hotel.
- Responsible for the overall financial health of the Hotel.
- Assist the Management in the formulation of the company's overall strategic direction.
- Direct and manage the provision of accurate, timely and objective financial data for management decisions to be made.
- Support the Senior Management and company's financial goals through the preparation of monthly and annual reports and the forecast of the revenues, expenses, liabilities and profits based on past, present and expected operations.
- Coordinate and prepare monthly and annual reporting, budgeting and reforecasting processes to establish and recommend to the Management on major economic objectives and policies to achieve desired financial results.
- Review financial reports and engage in benchmarking activities to evaluate and establish financial opportunities to improve operational excellence.
- Maintain a healthy cash flow and ageing report.
- Ensure that financial activities are compliant with the company's policies and procedures, accounting policies and regulations.
- Arrange for audits of accounts.
- Maintain an internal documented and control system of the company's financial policies and procedures.
- Advise the Management on desirable operational adjustments due to legal tax code revisions.
- Oversee the extension of credit to the company's debtors.
- Negotiate and monitor contracts with vendors.
- Graduates with a Bachelor’s Degree or Professional Qualification in Finance or Accountancy or equivalent.
- Willing to travel and be stationed in Yokohama, Japan for extended periods of time.
- For Male Singaporeans – must have completed or able to defer all National Service liabilities.
- Professional business proficient in English and Japanese, verbal and written.
- Minimum work experience of 6 years in the Hospitality sector with experience in hotel pre-opening.
- Experience in financial sector as Financial Manager.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and other applicable computer systems.
- Extensive understanding of financial trends in Japan and the Hospitality industry.
- Working knowledge of Japan’s statutory legislations and regulations.
- Strong demonstrated understanding of Japan’s financial statistics and GAAP.
- Possess an analytical mind and a keen eye to details with an investigative nature.
- Proven ability to work efficiently under immense pressure and time constraints.