Our client is a world renowned MNC that has been around for nearly a century. With offices located worldwide, the organization consistently generates revenue of over 500 million USD per year. An ever-growing firm with several established offices around the globe, they have been investing heavily into Singapore in order to penetrate into these markets more effectively. Due to business needs, they are seeking an Assistant / Manager with expertise in HSSEQ to join their dynamic team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing and overseeing all aspects of Occupational Health, Safety, Security and Environmental duties in the plant
- Developing strategies and best practices within the plant and inculcating the safety culture among all the plant personnel
- Reviewing all policies, assessments, permits and any operational duties performed in the plant, with an emphasis on the HSSEQ manuals, emergency response and contingency plans
- Being the main point of contact for all investigations, and providing expertise in Root Cause Analysis, preventive and correction plans
- Reviewing all safety related equipment in the plant, and proposing sourcing strategies on relevant equipment
Experience and requirements:
- A degree in Engineering, or a Specialist Diploma & Graduate Certificate in WSH
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in HSE from a manufacturing plant, with 3 years managing a team
- Senior HSE Engineers with background in mentoring junior engineers would also be considered
- Proven track record in managing HSSEQ responsibilities a manufacturing plant, with strong awareness of the possible risks and safety threats
- Demonstrable HSE skills in relation to Safety KPIs, trend analysis, risk assessment and change management within the plant
- Excellent understanding of ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001
- Registered WSH and Fire Safety Manager
This is a management level role that will allow you to directly make a difference to your direct reports through coaching, mentoring and challenging them to ensure a vibrant, satisfied workplace as well as minimizing risk to the more technical operations issues that may arise. This role also comes with an attractive remuneration package along with a clear set of expectations to assess improvements of new policies set out.