This role will support social policy development. Reporting to the Deputy Director, Social Policy the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
- Develop platforms for organisation to discuss and formulate positions for social policies.
- Develop and Review Social Policies, Policy variations/updates and research plans in line with organisation's overall strategic outcomes.
- Assess and identify areas for strategic policy reviews, determine review scope and supervise the conduct of reviews.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders for consultation and co-development of policy.
- Review with stakeholders in the effectiveness of current policies.
- Support the Workforce Group for Industrial Relations, RERA and Trade Union Act reviews.
- Shape or conduct studies to deepen understanding of manpower issues and gain insights on effectiveness of organisation's initiatives and strategies.
- Develop with Strategic Communications Department on advancing the unionized sector's awareness and adoption of uplifting measures.
- 6-9 years experience, with at least 3-4 years in a policy role
- Clarity of thoughts, Strategic thinking, Ability to engage with various stakeholders e.g. internal departments, affiliated unions and government agencies
- Policy experience preferably in the Singapore public service